DMC Clube Viajar wants to be recognised as a company that provides quality services in the marketing and technical organisation of trips, tailored to the needs of its customers. This goal is based on management practices, current and transparent, performed in partnership with all stakeholders and considering all the social and environmental responsibilities of the company.
Our vision is to continue to be what we are today, but better. Our mission is to provide and guarantee a service of excellence. To act with rigour, transparency and responsibility, guaranteeing quality, experience and innovation, focusing on our best asset, the client. Our vision and mission are based on values that we consider fundamental: rigour, ethics, trust, seriousness, competence and social and environmental responsibility. The Clube Viajar Code of Conduct, Ethics, Social and Environmental Responsibility highlights and is based on this set of general principles, guiding the conduct and activity of our company, to be observed by the Management and Employees in their relations with Customers, Suppliers and other Stakeholders.
DMC Clube Viajar, aware that the market in the organization and marketing of travel is increasingly demanding and competitive, believes that everyone's efforts should be directed towards continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the quality system and customer loyalty. These intentions are only achieved with everyone's collaboration, and awareness of the following guidelines is fundamental:
- To maintain the prestige and continuous development of the company;
- Interpret and respect the requirements of the interested parties, anticipating their needs;
- Improve customer satisfaction;
- Ensure the adequacy of staff skills;
- Open, monitor and conclude business processes according to the defined procedures;
- Identify and meet the requirements of reference standards, legal, regulatory and other standards assumed by Clube Viajar;
- Evaluate the performance of partners with whom commercial agreements are established.
DMC Clube Viajar, aware that the organisation and marketing of travel has an environmental impact, is committed as an organisation to the continuous improvement of environmental performance, as well as the involvement of all stakeholders, and to pursue the following principles:
- Promote actions and take decisions that allow the constant reduction of the organisation's ecological footprint;
- To streamline its practices with a view to reducing waste and preventing pollution;
- Establish a set of measures to ensure greater energy efficiency;
- Define as a goal the reduction in the use of paper, limiting its use to what is strictly necessary;
- To have special attention when choosing electronic equipment, always opting for the most energy efficient ranges;
- To reinforce recycling and waste reduction practices;
- Identify and comply with the requirements of the reference standards, legal, regulatory and other standards assumed by Clube Viajar;
- Disclose to its customers basic principles for Sustainable Tourism.
Social Responsibility Policy
DMC Clube Viajar, aware that the organisation and commercialisation of trips that it develops has an impact on various areas of our society, commits itself as an organisation to the continuous improvement of its social responsibility performance, as well as the involvement of all interested parties, and to pursue the following principles:
- Respect and compliance with the principles of social responsibility;
- Preservation and respect for the environment;
- Openness to dialogue and promotion of justice;
- Ethical action based on respect for the individual and his/her rights;
- Equal rights and opportunities;
- Work opportunities and personal and professional development;
- Adequate application of the law and respect for its representatives;
- Trust and rigour in business relationships;
- Sponsorship of initiatives by local communities and society in general, with a view to effectively supporting development;
- Identify and fulfil the requirements of the reference standards, legal, regulatory and others assumed by the organisation;
- Address significant social responsibility aspects;
- Divulge to its clients basic principles for Sustainable Tourism.
DMC Clube Viajar has long been aware of the importance that its action can have in helping to minimize the impact of its activities on the planet. Our vision and mission are based on values that we consider fundamental: rigour, ethics, trust, seriousness, competence and social and environmental responsibility, reflected in our Quality Policy, Environmental Policy and Social Responsibility Policy, which guide the conduct and activity of our company, to be observed by the Management and Employees in their relations with Customers, Suppliers and other Stakeholders.
Thus, we commit ourselves
- To develop a work environment that fosters diversity and inclusion, meritocracy and equal access to personal and professional development opportunities for our employees, promoting talent, well-being and work-life balance;
- To choose suppliers based on clear and impartial criteria and treat them with respect, namely by honouring the commitments undertaken with them
- Contribute to the development of activities that generate economic value in local communities;
- Adopt the best practices for the protection of the environment, including pollution prevention, through the rational use of resources, the reduction of energy consumption and associated emissions, the implementation of sustainable mobility practices, the adequate management of waste and the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems, in order to reduce our ecological footprint;
- Treat customers with professionalism, respect and loyalty, and provide them with excellent products and services;
- Provide customers with the information necessary to make an informed decision and ensure scrupulous compliance with the agreed conditions;
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy;
- Organise, market, publicise and advise on more sustainable trips that comply with social, cultural and environmental criteria defined by us and inspired by the criteria of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, so that they
- are environmentally friendly, or if not, produce mechanisms to compensate for the damage caused (such as CO2 emission compensation programmes);
- have a positive impact on the host community and the ecosystem of the destination
- enhance the local quality of life and promote the preservation of cultural heritage;
- be an inspiration in raising awareness not only among our suppliers, but also among our employees, customers and everyone who interacts with us.
The principles that we have chosen to define this Policy are based on the Global Sustainability Objectives, and will therefore be exclusion factors in the organisation and marketing of trips:
- exploitation and harassment
- child labour
- disrespect for equal opportunities
- disrespect for decent work;
- services that in any way threaten communities;
- sale, trading or display of illegal artefacts;
- collection and trade in wildlife or activities that disrespect animal welfare.
Whenever you see this symbol on one of our programmes or offers it means they have environmental or social concerns and principles and you can see a short summary of these. We have also defined some tips for travellers to contribute to a more sustainable tourism, available for consultation on our pages. By helping to protect the natural environment of the places we visit, their culture, habits and traditions, we are ensuring the happiness of the resident populations, which will also make them more willing to receive travellers. We will certainly have an even better holiday experience, and we will be contributing to its preservation!
(update: 30 march 2023)